SWIMMING CLASSES FOR CHILDREN
At Penguins we want to convey our passion for water and swimming to your children!
Your children will become expert swimmers, and will have a great time in the water. Our priority is for children to learn the fundamental swimming skills through a fun and safe technique, which enables them to reach their maximal potential.
Our methodology is inspired by the prestigious American school in New York, “Imagine Swimming”. Our teaching approach promotes the intrinsic motivation of all students by creating a loving, sociable, empathetic and professional environment that allows great results in each swimming class.
What is our methodology?
Our teaching system is based on the age and ability of each child, and progressively introduces all the essential fundamental skills to develop a fine swimming technique. In addition, we always work in small teaching groups (maximum 4 children per teacher) which allows us to adapt our classes to the needs of each child. Children are the protagonists and a constant source of inspiration. Unlike most swimming pools where the child waits a long time for his turn, sitting on the edge of the pool, in Penguins children are active in the water throughout the entire session. Our classes last 40 minutes and we invite all families to attend the classes, so that they can observe the progress of their child, and how much fun he is having!
Our classes are using children’s creativity and imagination:
- We use metaphors to learn technical skills in an attractive way, and generate positive emotional responses.
- We introduce music in our classes: it improves the neurological processes involved in the acquisition of physical skills like swimming.
- We motivate children using stories to which they can identify themselves,and which carry positive values (missions, collaborative games, treasure hunts …)
- We use creative and educational material to make the most of every single moment in water.
- The Penguins team is made of people from diverse nationalities and horizons, either bilingual or able to speak a very good English.
Each child is unique.
At Penguins we believe that each class has to be a meaningful, effective and fun experience. Our method aims at stimulating children’s development at all levels (psychomotor, sensory, intellectual, social), to make them feel safe, agile and happy in the water. We believe that a good teacher is able to identify the unique needs and abilities of each of their students: our classes are tailored to the needs of each child, and not the opposite. Children are playing the central role, and are a constant source of inspiration.
The Penguins groups. There are 5 levels: Blue Penguins 1 and 2 (3-4 years old), and Orange Penguins 1, 2 and 3 (5-10 years old). Children swim autonomously, with their teacher in the water, always in small groups (4 children maximum per instructor) .